Adding files to Moodle
Adding a file using Drag and Drop
Documents may be dragged and dropped directly on to the course page by anyone with course editing rights, such as teachers.
- Click the Turn editing on button or click the link in the Course administration block. If you don't see a message saying you can drag and drop, then the alternative method below must be used.
- Click and hold your document and drag it onto the course page. Boxes with dotted lines will appear where it will be placed.
- Drop the file into the section where you wish to put it. (It can be moved later.)
Things to consider
- To drag and drop whole folders into your Moodle course, you must zip or compress them first.
- Presentations such as Powerpoints™ will not play on the course page in the same way as slideshow mode in class. Students can only download them. If you want your presentations to play inline, think about uploading them to a site such as Slideshare.
Alternative method for uploading files:
- Click the Turn editing on button or click the link in the Course administration block.
- In the desired section, click "Add an activity or resource"
- Choose File and click the Add button.
- Browse for and upload your chosen file.
Last modified: Monday, 18 April 2016, 12:22 PM